You’ve come to the right place if you’re looking for books to read for the U.P.S.C IAS exams. If you are looking around for study material to help you start your U.P.S.C. preparation, you’ll find plenty of “Must-Read Books for I.A.S. Preparation” lists with plenty of IAS books.
However, most of them are long lists designed to scare you into thinking there is too much to learn!
Candidates must choose the best books for UPSC IAS preparation from a plethora of online and offline study material. Aspirants should begin their U.P.S.C. preparation with I.A.S. books and then progress to standard reference books, according to I.A.S. toppers.
The best I.A.S. books differ from one candidate to the next, depending on their previous experience and knowledge of the subject.
However, this blog includes an appropriate listing of the U.P.S.C. booklist recommended by experts.
It is critical to select the proper I.A.S. exam books online for the various stages of the U.P.S.C. exam. Only objective-type questions are asked in the Prelims, whereas descriptive essay-type questions are asked in the Mains for the exams.
Candidates should not only choose U.P.S.C. preparation books carefully but also divide their reading list into Prelims and Mains preparation.
These U.P.S.C. Books should be your first companions if you are considering making a serious attempt at U.P.S.C. preparation.
Remember, these are the Must-Have Books for U.P.S.C. Exam Preparation as well as the Best Books for I.A.S. Exam Preparation.
These must-read books will provide I.A.S. aspirants with sufficient information on the topics covered in the U.P.S.C. syllabus for the I.A.S. Exam.
Candidates should practice reading and comprehending the topics in-depth to make it easier for them to remember important information like dates, events etc.
Here is a list of 10 books that I.A.S. aspirants should read first to prepare for the exam:
- PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION (TEXT BOOK) BY – AVASTHI & MAHESHWARI [For Civil/State Services (Mains), UGC-CBCS, NET, PGT/TGT, SSC-CGL Examinations and for B.A. (Pass/Honours) and M.A. Classes]
- लोक प्रशासन (PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION) BY – AVASTHI & MAHESHWARI [For Civil/State Services (Mains), UGC-CBCS, NET, PGT/TGT, SSC-CGL Examinations and for B.A. (Pass/Honours) and M.A. Classes]
- ANCIENT INDIA (FROM EARLIEST TIMES TO 1206 A.D.) -(TEXT BOOK) (ACCORDING TO THE NATIONAL EDUCATION POLICY-2020 U.G.C.- C.B.C.S. SYLLABUS AS PRESCRIBED.)- BY K.L. KHURANA
- MEDIEVAL INDIA (1000-1761 A.D.) -(TEXT BOOK) (ACCORDING TO THE NATIONAL EDUCATION POLICY-2020 U.G.C- C.B.C.S SYLLABUS AS PRESCRIBED.)- BY K.L. KHURANA
- WORLD HISTORY (1453-1966 A.D.) -(TEXT BOOK)- BY K.L. KHURANA
- ADVANCED SOCIOLOGICAL THEORIES -(QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS GUIDE)
When preparing a U.P.S.C. Civil State Services booklist, you may find yourself purchasing every book in the bookstore. But wait, you need to narrow down your choices and get your hands on the best ones. So, when you finally sit down with those books to read, thoughts like “too many books, too little time” can make you feel stressed!
As a result, to make you worry a little less and study a little more, we’ve compiled a complete U.P.S.C. booklist that toppers recommend. To ensure that you don’t stray too far from the core syllabus, you should stick to a specific U.P.S.C. book list and can get I.A.S. exam books by visiting our L.N.A. site.