History is one of the most popular subjects for students taking up undergraduate courses and those preparing for civil services examinations in India. Preparing for UPSC (IAS) Prelims 2022 can get a lot easier with the best history books for UPSC and this blog post that talks about a good and feasible way to study the History syllabus.
How to Study for the Modern History Section of the UPSC Exam in 2022:
Approximately 50 percent of the history questions in the UPSC Prelims exam are devoted to topics on modern India. As a result, the UPSC needs extensive reading and in-depth comprehension of current history. Candidates are allowed to and expected to make notes of pertinent information. For instance, facts, to correctly remember them. Because if one has sufficient information and a good recollection of the events, they can without a doubt remove the possibilities even if the questions are difficult.
Before beginning to study for the history section of the exam, an individual must have a solid understanding of the UPSC Prelims Syllabus. By adhering to the Official UPSC Syllabus, one may reduce the amount of time and effort spent studying.
The Best Books on Modern History for the UPSC Exam:
Candidates for the UPSC need to follow the finest study resources to learn about current history. In this scenario, the applicants would be well served to choose the appropriate history textbooks, which might greatly help them. Candidates may refer to these history text books to fulfill the requirements outlined in the Modern History Prelims curriculum.
- ANCIENT AND EARLY MEDIEVAL INDIA (TILL 1206 AD) (TEXT BOOK) (ACCORDING TO THE NATIONAL EDUCATION POLICY-2020 UGC- CBCS SYLLABUS AS PRESCRIBED) BY- KL KHURANA & SS PONIYA
- HISTORY OF INDIA (EARLIEST TIMES TO 300 BCE)-(TEXT BOOK)- BY DR. K.L. KHURANA & DR. M.S. GUSAIN
- WESTERN WORLD (MID 15TH CENTURY TO 1870)- (TEXT BOOK)- BY DR. K.L. KHURANA & DR. M.S. GUSAIN
- मुगलकालीन भारत-MUGHALKALEEN BHARAT ( 1526-1858 AD)-(TEXT BOOK)- BY LP SHARMA
- आधुनिक-भारत-ADHUNIK BHARAT (1707-1967 AD) -(TEXT BOOK)- BY LP SHARMA
- आधुनिक यूरोप-ADHUNIK EUROPE (1453-1815 A.D.) -(TEXT BOOK)- BY DR. B.N. MEHTA AND VIMAL INDRAPAL
- EVOLUTION OF INDIAN CULTURE -(TEXT BOOK)- BY BN. LUNIYA
- CONCEPTS AND METHODS OF HISTORIOGRAPHY -(TEXT BOOK)- BY DR. K.L. KHURANA
Priorities to Note When Studying Modern History for the UPSC Preliminaries:
Candidates for the UPSC Preliminary Examination need to initially keep these below-mentioned aspects in mind while preparing and reading a history textbook for the modern history section.
- The questions asked here sometimes take a chronological approach concerning the freedom movement struggle.
- In recent examinations, a new emphasis has been placed on presenting facts and data. As a result, a candidate must be familiar with the names and facts (details, responsibilities, posts, and positions, as well as their contributions, if any) of renowned and influential figures worldwide.
- Revolutions and important movements (both national and regional) on behalf of peasants, civil rights, and other causes.
- The British government instituted a number of reforms and took other initiatives, such as forming committees and introducing legislation and laws.
- Newspapers, magazines, and book publishers, as well as the writers of such works.
- Significant happenings are accompanied by astute awareness.
If you are preparing for your exams and want to find the best history books for UPSC, you should visit LNA Books. We have books that are written explicitly for UPSC exams.